A Level Accounting
Exam code: 7127
Delivery method: Online
A Level duration: 360 hrs
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: AQA A Level Accounting
Awarding body: AQA
An A level in accounting is the perfect first step towards a potentially lucrative career in accountancy or the financial sector. It also demonstrates a strong numerical grounding in business finance, valuable for any career in business or for any budding entrepreneur.
A Level Accounting overview
With no prior knowledge of accountancy necessary, the A level will give you a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of both financial and management accountancy, covering general accountancy methods, such as how to use ledgers, balance sheets and income statements, as well as transferrable skills that apply more generally to business like data skills, problem solving, planning, presenting arguments and recommendations.
Upon successful completion of the exam (as administered by AQA), you will have achieved an internationally recognised AQA A level Accountancy qualification.
A level Accounting Content
A Level Accounting is divided into the following units:
1. An introduction to the role of the accountant in business
2. Types of business organisation
3. The double entry model
4. Verification of accounting records
5. Accounting concepts used in the preparation of accounting records
6. Preparation of financial statements of sole traders
7. Limited company accounts
8. Analysis and evaluation of financial information
10. Marginal costing
11. Standard costing and variance analysis
12. Absorption and activity based costing
13. Capital investment appraisal
14. Accounting for organisations with incomplete records
15. Partnership accounts
16. Accounting for limited companies
17. Interpretation, analysis and communication of accounting information
18. The impact of ethical considerations
What is an e-book?
An e-book is all the content that you need to prepare you for the final A Level examinations. Much more than a textbook, it has interactive content, embedded videos and quizzes. Written to follow the A level specification by our experienced, well qualified tutors, all of whom have years of experience in their subjects.
If you would like the extra support of a personal tutor this can be added for only £35 for the two year course. This will give you unlimited contact with your tutor as well as tutor marked assessments based on past papers.
- An understanding of the theory, purpose, procedures and techniques of both management and financial accountancy.
- Learn the importance of effective accountancy management systems, as well as their limitations.
- Awareness of economic, legal, ethical, social, environmental and technical influences on decision-making in accountancy.
- Transferrable skills useful in all aspects of business, such as numeracy, strong communication skills, building and presenting an argument, ICT used in business, evaluating data and analytical, problem-solving skills.
The AQA A Level Accountancy qualification is gained once all exam papers are successfully completed.
These exams are administered by the AQA. As a private candidate you will sit your exams in an exam centre such as a school, college or private tuition centre. Use the map below there are a huge number of places where you can sit your exams.
In addition, if you select the added tutor support there will be a number of tutor marked assessments (TMAs) to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the content, with the tutor sending comments to guide you through any areas of potential difficulty. This will ensure you are prepared for the final exams.
All e-books contain a range of self-assessments that are indicators that you understand the materials as you work through them. These are for your own information.
Method of study
The content is all online and accessed via our Learning Management System (LMS).
The online e-book has many features that cannot be printed such as embedded videos, forums and interactive tests.
With the tutor support option there are Tutor Marked Assessments which you access and submit through the online system.
We highly recommend the additional tutor option to support our A Level e-books. For just £35 you will receive tutor feedback and support by email for 24 months. They will mark your TMAs and provide valuable guidance through any trickier parts of the course whenever you need it. You will also receive a study guide to help you with all aspects of studying, essay writing and general student skills.
How quickly can I complete the A Level?
You can complete your A Level as quickly or slowly within the two years as you choose. The recommended study time for the content is 360 hours. The exam dates are set by the exam boards and for A Level Accounting are available in May/June each year. This gives you two opportunities to sit the exams over the two years.