IGCSE Mathematics (9-1) Online Course
Course code: 4MA1
Delivery method: Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics (9-1)
Awarding body: Edexcel
IGCSE Mathematics is a fundamental building block of education. With this maths online course you will cover core mathematical concepts like numbers, equations, sequences, geometry, vectors and statistics. This IGCSE online course differs from the GCSE in allowing calculators in both paper.
This course is ideal preparation for A-Level Maths studying as well as developing core life skills which will be invaluable in the work place or at home.
This is the E-book version of the course with the full course content and quizzes, but without tutor support or Tutor Marked Assessment (TMA) marking. If you would like to add tutor support onto your course, please contact us as this can be added on for just £35 per course if you are already a student with us.
Online mathematics course overview
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by Edexcel), you will have achieved an internationally recognised Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics (4MA1) qualification.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques.
- Build a foundation of mathematical skills.
- Enjoy mathematics and use the skills you have learned to solve problems.
- Appreciate how important mathematics is to the world at large.
This course is divided into 6 units:
At the end of the course you will sit two papers. The assessments will cover the following content headings:
1 Numbers and the Number System
2 Equations Formulas and Identities
3 Functions and Graphs
4 Geometry and Trigonometry
5 Vectors and Transformation Geometry
6 Statistics and Probability
The exam has two papers:
- Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher (content is defined for each tier).
- Each student is permitted to take assessments in either the Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- The qualification consists of two equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- Both papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series.
- Calculators can be used on both papers.
- Each paper is 2 hours long.
- Each paper has 100 marks.
- The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across both papers.
- Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier. (See the section Breakdown of Assessment Objectives for more information.)
- Each paper has a range of question types; some questions will be set in both mathematical and non-mathematical contexts.
- Two assessment series available per year: May/June and January.
- The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.
- Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.
- Higher tier: grades 4 to 9 (grade 3 allowed)
The course contains activities, multiple choice assessment and short answer questions
The course is primarily an online course using a Learning Management System (LMS).
The online course has many features that cannot be printed such as embedded videos, forums and interactive tests.